Wednesday, July 10, 2019

The Silent Majority (Minority?)

I am the silent majority.

I am the one who gets ridiculed for every opinion expressed, because too many of my 'friends' think it's more important to point out faulty logic.

I am the one who will simply nod and say 'okay', even if I don't agree with your point of view.

I am the one who types silently at the keyboard, venting my frustrations at so-called 'friends' who would rather ram their opinions down my throat than listen to my view.

I would rather be HAPPY than right.

When did "I'm right and you're wrong" become the norm?

What happened to 'It's okay to disagree and still be friends"?

What happened to simple, common decency and friendly debate?

What happened to two people arguing a point, then reaching a mutually satisfying conclusion and moving onto other subjects, even buying each other a beer?

But no.....somewhere people decided it was more important to be RIGHT.

I see things happening in our country that alarm the hell out of me.

There's a saying, that "those who don't study history are doomed to repeat it."

I think some of our politicians need to re-take US History, or even a Civics class.

I was brought up, "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all."

I am a peace maker.  I dislike confrontation.

I've also heard that what happened in the 1930s and 40s, those who didn't speak up were conquered.  I do not wish to be conquered, but at the same time, I'm very unhappy with the way things are going, and do not want to jeopardize my brand.

So I remain silent, yet watching.

I am the silent majority.

No comments: