Monday, July 29, 2019

Life In Lumber Week #18

Day 94:  Blah Day....
First of all, my weekend was FUN, but no sales made my finances tight.  Still, I enjoyed meeting the actor WF Bell, who played Anchor in The Walking Dead, and Wyatt Weed, who was in Predador 2 AND an episode of Star Trek TNG.

Shift was steady for a while, then slowed.  I should point out my mood was a little sour, since it began raining around 2, and I was rushed for 15 mins as I tried to swap out the laundry, take my meds, finish dressing, and eat something.

1)  Was informed by Tiff that we now had a barcode to scan in for undocumented Vets!  Oh yay...but it doesn't begin until August.

2)  Was informed by HC Cindy 30 minutes later that we are NOT to ask for MyLowes or if they have a Military Discount.  So how will the undocs know?  Rather confusing....

3)  Got hit with a massive wave of sleepiness around 5:15, and was thankfully sent to lunch fifteen minutes later....the same time my ear batteries were dying!  Yes, I'd brought extra ones.

4)  After lunch, Mgr Tasha informs me my book Catered Romance is 'inappropriate' for the break room, and will I please remove it?  I put it in my locker at the end of the shift, so if Jill wants to finish reading it, she'll have to ask me for it.  Guess I'll have to take the Orion Antho in....or Whispers....or even Balancing Act, or the un-smutty one, Love Weighs In.

5)  Managed to clean the windows tonight, since I had the time, and won't be here Thursday (the day I normally try to do it!)

6) Clocked out at 9:15!

Here's hoping my mood improves, and things go smoothly tomorrow!

Day 95: Total Blonde Moment
Shift began fine, but was having issues with my eye-hand coordination on the key pad.  For instance, was trying to take a credit card over the phone and had to enter it FOUR TIMES before it matched up!  Not sure if it was tied to the loud speaker or the forklift, but was finally able to get the customer rung up.

When I went to lunch, discovered mold or something on my chicken.  Tried to eat just a cracker and a cheese slice, but something tasted 'off'.  Ate only my P3 and Snickers.

Near the end of the shift, I rang up a customer's $205 as $202, and realized after I'd closed the drawer that it was wrong.  Called HC MK, but just as she came down, a customer paid in cash, and didn't need her after all.  Apologized to everyone for the mix up.

After we closed on time (a miracle, considering Sacred went home in tears over a personal matter, which meant MK had to be on a register for an hour), D took me to the store, where I showed my Lunchable issue, and the manager let me take two in return.  He then very kindly took me to S-n-S for food!

Here's hoping I can get it together and do well tomorrow, and that customer-wise, we're again slow and steady:)

Day 96:  Better Day!
Shift went 100% better today!  Discovered our janitor, Doug, was let go after 15 years of employment, and until an outside service begins, Aggie, Makayla, Cindy, and I were tasked with cleaning the bathrooms.  Didn't finish until 9:30. 

Really no issues, and saw Mike Frey, Mike and Gretchen from choir, and Tim Kirk:)

Am off the next two days; tomorrow we go to Indy for D's visit with Dr. Steve, and am setting up Friday night for the Art Walk.  Saturday, I plan to go over to the Watermelon Festival to enjoy it as a spectator for once, lol!

No comments: