Monday, November 1, 2021

Life In Lumber Y3, W31

 Day 132:  $7729

Arrived and discovered the computer system was down.  Was finally able to clock in down in Lumber at 5:02.  Rang up a few customers, then did my prelim duties and soda count.  Jeanna, Belle, and her mom showed up, so was able to chat for a few minutes.  Keri came down and drove me nuts about the time clock issue; I told her to FIX IT AT THE END!!!  She was scared "but now it shows I'm late!"  Ummm....see previous comment.  THEY'LL FIX IT!  Geez....

Took my 'break' with Baby B, then had enough time to make a pit stop, lol.  When I returned, I pulled the trash and swept. At 8:30, sanitized the registers, then did my LU and AP4Me.  Loader AW took my trash down, then Loader C brought the hopper up after we closed.  HC short M closed me out, and I took her vest back to her locker.  Clocked out around 9:20.

Maria told me to come in Mon and Tues at 3:)

Outfit:  Blue Colt's jersey, white v-neck tunic, dark jeggings. elephant mask


Day 133:  $8097

The 1st hour I was there was a comedy of errors.  1) Customer handed me what I thought was a $10 bill and gave her change for that.  Then, her hubby paid cash, and noticed a $20 in the tens....then realized my error and gave her another $10.  2) Threw pennies all over the floor when I tried to bust them open.  3) Kept dropping dimes.  4)  Woman pulled up and tried to tell me where the bar codes were, but they were all wrong.  Nearly got snarky with her; I WANTED to ask her for her discount card, but refrained, and instead joked, "Would you like a job?  We're hiring!"  She laughed and said no.

Discovered one of our CSA's put in her 2 week's notice b/c she doesn't want to work Black Friday!  Okaaay.....you DON'T want to make extra money?  HC C is ecstatic she's leaving!

Was so busy I wasn't able to do the soda count until nearly 6.  Had it finished by 6:30, and Cait relieved me at 7:30 for break.  When I returned, I swept, then sanitized, pulled trash, and wiped down the register counters.  Then did my LU.  Loader AM took the trash out, then closed the doors and put up my vest.  Arrived at the front, and HC C asked me to take the front's trash and two items to RTM.  Clocked out at 9:30.

Outfit:  Maroon plaid, faded jeggings, starry night mask.


Day 134:  $7605

Arrived and began to ring customers up, then did soda count and other prelim duties.  Cait came down at 6:30 and took my sheet, then brought me the soda.  Got it put away asap, then was fairly steady when Cait arrived at 7 for my break.  Afterward, I was steady until 8, when things finally slowed down.  Swept and did my LU, then sanitized the registers.  Took items back to Plumbing, Tools, Lighting, Paint, Hardware, and ISLG.  Clocked out at 9:20.....everyone had already left; Steve let me out.

Only two memorable things:  1) I had seen one of my favorite customers earlier, and teased him he was at the wrong end.  He was there to return some flooring; myself and D were there for a rake, a screwdriver, and some paper products.  I also put in to have Dec 10-12 off.  Then, later, he showed up in my area, but didn't buy anything, but returned later and got a few items.  2) Customer handed me $300, but I only counted $200.  Turned out a $100 bill was hiding behind a $20.  Oops!

My requested time off was approved:)

Outfit:  Brown/white striped turtleneck. dark jeggings, elephant mask


Day 135:  $6623=$51,907 for week....wow!

Arrived; began ringing up the people in line.  B left; line dwindled, so did soda count and prelim duties.  Loader AW and AM had to get a bunk of 2x4s down, and AM elected to get on the forklift.  First he didn't clear all the carts out of his way, then he was having steering issues, b/c he put the bunk down waaaay too close to his work space.  Finally AW got on and moved them outside and tried to put them on the trailer....but wasn't sure of what he was doing.  Cam came down, hopped on, and loaded the trailer.  Told the boys it just takes practice!

Mucked out under all the mats, then at 7 pulled trash.  Cait came down and relieved me, and when I returned, started sweeping.  C brought down the soda, and I got the coolers filled in a few minutes.  At 8:30, I finished sweeping and pulled all the trash, then did my LU.  Final customer left at  9.

Had one customer tell me they had only a dozen rolls of insulation when they actually had 13, and had another customer tell me they had 25 2x4s, but rang up 23 of one kind and 2 of the others.

AM took the trash out, and I left AW in charge of closing the door.  Put away a plumbing connector, then put up my vest and took the last tax exempt to the CS area.  Clocked out at 9:20

Outfit:  Mama Bear sweatshirt, dark jeggings, starry night mask



No comments: