Monday, November 29, 2021

Life In Lumber Y3, W35

 Day 143:  $12,589

Arrived about ten minutes late, thanks to my tire still being unpredictable.  Bought the Wet It and Forget it, then clocked in and headed to Lumber,  Discovered Pro K on #3, and B on #2, so hopped on #3 to help with the line.  Then #2's scanner quit, so B rebooted the entire system until it came back online.  He stayed on 2 and I went to #1.  HC M came down and told me to take my 15 min break before B left; I informed her I didn't get one, and to just send me to lunch sometime between 5:30 and 7.  We were steady until 5, then I consolidated the trash and gathered the paperwork.  Decided soda count could wait, since we didn't need that much.

Cam relieved me at 5:30, and when I returned, bought some Alien Tape, did my LU and AP4Me, then pulled trash and began sweeping.  Mucked out under Registers #2 and 3, and sanitized the counters of all three.  One of my customers was in a hurry and the pad didn't capture his signature, then I accidentally gave it to him.  Loader B took the receipt, but later lost it.  I called the customer to explain the issue, and told him to return it before close (he never did), so told N about it to cover my butt.

Checked in two insulation machines, and was told the green cellulose one wasn't getting enough power to push the insulation up.  Left a note for Mgr G.

At 8, finished sweeping and began sanitizing the registers.  Had final customer at 8:40 and locked the doors twenty mins later.  Walked HC M to the front, then took a pit stop, put up my vest, grabbed my coat and the WIAFI, then returned to Lumber, dropped the trash in the hopper, and went to the front.  Helped M and A put the soda away, then clocked out.

Outfit:  Colts jersey, white tunic, new dark jeggings, blue check mask, blue fingerless gloves


Day 144:  $6799

Arrived; did my LU; helped B out, and gave HC M my book SFL.  When B left at 5, I consolidated the trash and gathered the paperwork.  Lee sent me to lunch at 5:30, and when I returned, discovered she'd done the soda count wrong, so redid it.  Was swamped from 6:30-7:30, then things slowed, and was able to pull trash and sweep.  Sanitized the registers at 8, and my final customer appeared after I'd already locked the doors.  He had a generator and a bunch of electrical parts.  Let him out through the big door just as Loader AW arrived with the hopper.  Hopper had a damaged door, two damaged screen doors, and a couple of closet braces, which the customer went 'dumpster diving' for, since AW wasn't sure about putting a door through the trash compactor, and was thrilled the customer took it off his hands!

I put away the soda, then returned a tape measure, some cover plates for light switches, and a toilet flange.  Put up my vest and gave HC M the tax exempts and loading tickets.  Clocked out at 9:40, then gassed up my car (D had taken it to the tire store earlier; a tiny finish nail about the size of a needle was in it), and went home.

Tomorrow:  Drs appt in Indpls and Thurs off!

Outfit:  Blue sparkle shirt, new dark jeggings, blue elephant mask, blue fingerless gloves


Day 145: $4724

Arrived at 5 and did the prelim duties and my LU, then rang up two customers in an hour.  Did the pop count, and Cait brought it down.  Got it partially put away when I got a 'rush', then was able to finish putting it away.  Cait sent me to break at 7:15, and when I returned, was busy for an hour before I could get back to sweeping, pulling trash, and putting away carts.  Helped one customer get 12 sheets of 7/16 OSB, b/c loader T was busy.  Locked the doors at 9, walked HC A to the front, then put the trash in the hopper and put up my vest, and returned an item to hardware.  While we waited for ASM M, we straightened up hardware.  I took aisle 3 and got the safety glasses straightened up.  Clocked out at 9:30.

Outfit:  Red/black plaid shirt, black tank, new dark jeggings, blue LU mask.


Day 146:  Rare Mid-shift Sat $13,577

Arrived; took over for Cindy so she could go to lunch.  Wasn't that busy at first, did my LU, and around 11:30 the crowd arrived and we were busy for at least 90 mins.  Took my 1st break at 12:30, and my lunch at 2:15.  C left at 3, and it was just me and Jill.  She went to lunch around 4:30, and took her final break at 7. I took a pit stop around 6.  Ran carts inside and swept, since J was in pain.  Pulled the pop to the front.  Saw Aggie and got my Secret Santa pal.

Clocked out at 7:35, and discovered D had fallen asleep.  He finally picked me up close to 8pm, and we went to D2K for dinner.  My fortune reads "Be indifferent to snide comments".

Outfit:  Red snowflake shirt, black tunic, new dark jeggings, blue check mask.


Day 147:  Rare Sun Opening Shift $15,798 (or would have been $19,000, had I not 'given' $1500 to E in appliances and $1600 to BW in Millwork!)

Arrived and within 5 minutes of logging in, had customers.  Did $1400 in the first HOUR!  OMG....don't people sleep in or go to church?  J and I were slammed between 12:30-2:30; I managed to take a 15 min break at 12:15 and grabbed my book, my card, and my coat.  Finally left for lunch (McA;s) at 2:45.  When I returned, J took her lunch, and was steady.  Had customer A order 250 sheets of drywall, 100 2x4s, and 50 rolls of insulation for delivery, plus some other stuff to take with them.  It was about $5K worth of purchases.

Kept up with the carts on the sidewalk, and at 5, did a brief sweeping and soda count, as well as trash consolidation, Did my LU around 10.  Needed only one o/r when Mr. E Moore bought the cull pack.

Clocked out around 6:10.  J and I swapped days next week; she's taking my Thurs, and I'm working Friday.

Outfit:  Green Mama Bear sweatshirt, new dark jeggings, blue elephant mask, blue fingerless gloves.



No comments: