Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Life In Lumber Y3, W34

Monday  11/22:

Again, stayed in my PJs and rested on the couch.  Bending over is not as painful, so progress there!  Fixed myself a small bowl of buttered pasta and basil for lunch at 2.  D asked me what I wanted for dinner, and I told him Chicken Caesar Salad.  When he left to go get W, he said to decide what he was fixing for dinner.  I got mad, put my clothes on, and got Alex ready.  When the boys arrived, I announced we were going to either Dogwood or McAllister's, and I would pay for it.  I didn't care which one; I could get soup and salad at both.  D opted for McA's, and my soup and Chicken Caesar Salad tasted heavenly!  Brought the other half of my salad home.  Got back in my PJs and went to bed around 11 again.  I HAVE to feel better by 2:30 tomorrow! 


 Day 138:  $7010

Arrived; people were happy to see me back! Arrived in Lumber and remembered how to sign in (ha ha!), then rang up a few customers, started the soda count, and did my LU and AP4Me.  When Bill went home, and the 'guard changed' (pro's left, loaders switched shifts), we were slightly busy at first, but then I began sweeping.

Brenda relieved me at 5:30 for lunch, and when I returned, gathered the paperwork and trash, and had to call down for more trash bags. Continued sweeping entire area, and even under all the mats and registers. Only needed one o/r, and that was for a door.  AW called in, due to a dr's appt, but Gareth was there until close, so he and AM worked well together.

At 9, locked the doors; rang up one more customer; and tossed the trash to G, since AM was busy pulling an order, As soon as G came back in, he went back out to put the safety barriers in place, then I could close the door.  I'd also santizied all the registers, phones, pin pads, etc.

Bending down was slightly painful, and for some of my shift I felt as if I was underwater or drugged, but made it through.

Got the email stating I have to provide my vaxx/non-vaxx status by next week, and beginning in Jan, be subjected to weekly tests.  Ugh, but I get it.  I have natural immunity, and don't want to jeopardize my health,

Outfit:  Blue/white stripe shirt, new faded jeggings, Monet mask


Day 139:  $4838

Arrived and logged in, only to discover I'd be training our new Pro CSA Sonia for two hours.  She pretty much knew the drill; I had to show her how to use the tab over function on the scanner and how to do gift cards, as well as a reminder to add them to their card which keep track of purchases.  She and B left at 5 (I'd already done the soda count), so started on the other prelim duties.

Went to lunch at 6 (Cam relieved me!) and when I returned, started sweeping. Apologized to N for going off on him 'unfiltered' on Friday, lmao! At 7, pulled trash, and at 8, began sanitizing registers.  Chris B took the forklift out the large door at 8:50; I went ahead and locked the doors, since we had ZERO cars at our end.  N and HC A came down to clean me out, so went ahead and shut the big door, took the trash to the hopper, and put up my vest.  Wished all my customers a Happy Thanksgiving.

Outfit:  Red/yellow plaid shirt, red tank, new faded jeggings, starry night mask, blue fingerless gloves.


Day 140:  Black Friday $7220

Arrived and bought D and K's X-mas presents, then discovered the boss had ordered Lil' Caesars pizza for everyone.  Claimed my cheese one, then discovered somewhere there were Twinkies, but settled for a Ding-Dong. Clocked in, then HC Mel (shortie) held down the register while I took a pit stop.  When I returned, she said today was her last day as HC; she was taking over Paint.  Then it also turned out I was training Sonia again, so for the 1st two hours, I gently guided her through the process, esp when a customer had one side of the cart half-price, and full price on the other.

At 5, things settled down (it never was very busy!) and I had the place to myself again.  Gathered the paperwork, then consolidated the trash.  HC Shortie sent me to lunch, and when I returned, rang up customers and began sweeping. Noel brought the soda down (she'd done it while I was on break), so put it away and finished tidying up the place.  At 8, began sanitizing the registers, and at 9, locked the doors.  Gareth brought in the forklift while I walked HC A back to the front, then took the trash to the hopper and put up my vest.

Oh, also did my LU and for the 2nd day in a row, scored 7/7 correct!

Outfit:  White Christmas tree sweater, new faded jeggings, blue mask, blue fingerless gloves


Day 141:  Small Business Saturday $16573

Today began fairly well; worked with Caitlyn, Cindy, and Sonia, and we were fairly tripping over each other, things were so slow.  Did my LU and missed two, and we all rotated our breaks.  Cait came down again at 4 to send me to lunch, so walked over to Subway.  When I returned, everyone had left (Cindy at 3, Sonia and Gareth at 5).  Loader B called in, so thankfully Loader T stayed until 7.  Tried to recruit W into coming for an hour, but Gareth overheard and nixed it.

Customer A discovered his wife still had the credit card, so I marked everything PL and invoiced it.  Several minutes later, he was back, and a) couldn't find the invoice and b) under 1.6, I couldn't figure out how to print the damn loading ticket!  So rang everything up again, he paid, and went on his merry way.  I'll let whomever does the due file post load it.

Customer B refreshed my memory about when he left his tape measure behind, and I did remember that, so rang up his cabinets and other items, then ran the new tape measure over the scanner and placed it in the bag.

At 5, it was as if the crowd came in.  I was busy for 45 minutes straight, then began working on all the carts to the left of the doors.  When Cait sent me to break at 6:30, I was still working on them!  Took my break, then let C work the register while I hauled in the rest of the carts.  She left at 7, and I alternated between hauling in the carts to the right of the doors and sweeping.  At 8, all carts were finally in.  Pulled trash, gathered the paperwork, and sanitized the registers.  Had final customer at 8:45.  Locked the doors, then after walking HC M to the front, took my trash to the hopper, and organized the H-carts.  Ian brought in the forklift and set the safety barriers, and Josh brought in the final carts from the corral.  Then I shut the big door and put up my vest.

As we were waiting to be let out, Traci wanted to check out, and when I found out she was paying by card, I had her come to the CS desk, and rang her up.  Her succulent was 75% off, so had to yell for Ian for an o/r.  Then we all clocked out.

Outfit:  Red Santa shirt, black tunic, new faded jeggings, starry night mask, blue fingerless gloves.


Day 142:  Rare Sunday $11,073

Arrived and bought trash bags and ziplock bags before heading down to Lumber.  Jill went to break, so Cait, Sonia, and I rang up customers.  At 1, I went down for a pit stop, then brought back my book and coat.  Had an issue with a ceiling fan; customer insisted it was $49, not $59.  Sent Loader W down to get me an item #; he brought back the wrong one.  S went down to help and while they were gone, I hopped on C's register to ring up CC customers.  Finally the mystery was solved; someone had put the wrong label on the wrong ceiling fan.  Rang up their original fan, and called for an o/r.  Problem solved.

Went to McA's at 2:45, and when I returned, I reorganized the soda cooler. At 6, I took another pit stop, hung up my coat, and returned my book to my locker.  Began pulling trash and doing the closing duties.  N asked me to fill the Monster cooler, so went down and got what we needed, then filled it.  Cait was sent to the front, so pulled all the trash and sanitized the registers.  After locking the doors at 8 and making one more sweep with the broom, I walked N to the front and took items back to Tools and Plumbing, then found another item to go to Paint. Waited with Loader AM until Loader T returned with the hopper, then discovered they had some pallets to take outside.  Left the door in AM's care, and I went to put up my vest.  Clocked out around 8:20.

Outfit:  New 'Home' sweatshirt, new faded jeggings, Monet mask, blue fingerless gloves.

No comments: