Monday, December 20, 2021

Life In Lumber Y3, W38

 Day 156:  $3,232

Arrived to find subs, chips, brownies, and cookies in the training room!  Ate a 6" ham and cheese and took the chips and a brownie to lumber after dropping off Pam's Secret Santa gift bag (vanilla candle, blueberry candle, Mixed Bag and Bridges, OG GC and AZ GC, and pink wine cooler).  Was busy for 1st 90 minutes, then things slowed down.  Did my LU and AP4Me, and at break, tried to help Loader AW find a customer's lumber, but realized we were out of the 2x8x14s. Took a pit stop and grabbed another 6" ham and cheese and a cookie and took it to Lumber.  Ate; started sweeping.  Sanitized the registers, gathered the trash and paperwork, and locked the doors at 9.

Outfit:  Christmas sweater, new faded jeggings, starry night mask


Day 157:  $4,137

Arrived and bought Tide, bleach and three GCs.  Arrived and began ringing up customers; Bill left, and so did the crowd.  Did the soda count and prelim duties.....then started my LU and the crowd came in.  Finally finished LU, and took my 15 min break.  When I came back, swept the floor, mucked out under all the mats, and began the closing duties.  Had to call HC A twice; one for an o/r, and a question about flooring discount.  Locked the doors at 9 after putting away the soda.  Loader AM had an issue with a safety pallet; it completely fell apart.  Fortunately, ASM J was in the area, so we didn't have to wait long for her at arrive.  

Returned items to Tools, Hardware, and Aisle 1.  Clocked out at 9:35.

Outfit:  Santa shirt with the funky sleeves, black tunic, new faded jeggings, Monet mask

Tomorrow:  Off to the TSO concert in Indpls!


Day 158:  $5625

Arrived; helped with the line. Got slammed after B left at 5; was thanked for my 'efficiency' when I hopped over to the next register to ring up a credit card order while waiting for an o/r.  Gave a Christmas Card to ASM N and the HCs, and taped one to Steve's door, both expressing appreciation and thanking them for all they do.

Went to break at 7:35, but got sidetracked in Electrical, helping a customer looking for a double light socket, so took a '20-minute' break. Then gathered the trash, swept, and sanitized.  Clocked out at 9:20.

Went to karaoke, but left at 11, after getting sick in the bathroom.  Not sure if I'm coming down with something or if it was Misty's cigarette.

Outfit:  Snowflake shirt, black tunic, Monet mask


Day 159:  Rare Sunday $10,121

Was hit with the stomach flu Thursday night, so ended up having to call in sick on Christmas Eve.  Spent Christmas on the couch in recovery mode, but otherwise had a good Christmas with the kids.

Arrived today, not feeling that great, and had to sit down a few times, but otherwise powered through.  Customer A complimented me; told me that even though it was his 2nd trip in, he got to talk to a "beautiful girl".  Customer B joked with me about grandchildren who wanted to show off new skill for one set of grandparents, but not the other, lol!  Saw Seth West and discovered he and his g/f are expecting!

A weird thing happened; apparently when I rang up a customer's water heater, it didn't ring up????  He called in to say he hadn't been charged....but I remember asking him if he wanted the LPP, ringing it and the hoses AND the hardware up, then walking around to total him out and CANCELLING the LPP!  It wouldn't have asked for an LPP if I hadn't rung it up, so?????   HC A came down to let me know what had happened and asked me to be more careful.  It just puzzled me, and I even asked her later if she made sure it was my sales ID, and she said yes.  So we're not sure how it happened....but at least the customer was honest enough to call back in!

Also on the weird things....Kenzie had a customer who had an older card, but it couldn't be read.  She tried running it as a phone order...it refused.  I tried it...it told me 'invalid'.  So we sent him up to CS to figure it out...he wanted his 10% discount on that card instead of the 5% on the new one.  So who knows??

After K returned from lunch, I took my first break,then went to lunch after her 2nd break.  Went to McA's and ate Chicken and Dumplings and Chicken Caesar Salad.  When I returned, K left. amd as soon as I got a free moment, I did the soda count and consolidated the trash.  Took my 2nd break at 6, and went up front to get our battery charger we'd ordered, and paid for the Drano.  When I returned, I started the closing duties and swept the floor. AND found an item left at Reg #2 by Brandon W's customer.

Loader J told me I was the only closing Lumber cashiers who swept the walkway.  Told him that's how I'd been trained 3 years ago, and I'd started helping the loaders by sweeping out the first 3 bays of aisles 19 and 20....when I'm not getting scolded, ha ha!

Loader AW took the trash and when he returned, I put up my vest and clocked out.

Outfit:  Home For The Holidays sweatshirt, new faded jeggings, shark mask

No comments: