Monday, April 4, 2022

Life In Lumber, Y4, W6

 Day 25:  $8,602 (and 72 cents)

Arrived and took over for B, and was busy for an hour, when I finally got the soda count done. Was fairly steady until 8, when I went to lunch, and when I returned, did my LU and AP4Me, then began the closing duties.  Got everything swept by 9:30, then wiped down the registers and counters, and swept the mats. Locked the doors at 9:55, and watched Loader Al being coached by AM on the forklift, as he set the safety pallets and brought in the concrete.  Took the trash to the hopper after HC J cleaned me out. Clocked out at 10:15 and went over to BW3 to watch the championship game between Kansas and UNC.  Checked my phone; it was halftime, and UNC was up, 40-25. (WTH, Kansas....you're the #1 seed!) But at the 12 minute mark, Kansas pulled ahead and stayed there, finally winning 73-69!

Outfit:  Red/black plaid, black tank, black jeggings, copper/larimar earrings


Day 26:  $5,709 (and 66 cents)

Arrived and helped B with the line; he was busy with a customer and didn't get away until nearly 5:30. Was fairly steady for an hour, then began the prelim duties, and even got the floor swept. At 7, did my LU and the new XDT training (why I have to know that, I don't know; it doesn't pertain to cashiers!). At 8, had to use the bathroom so badly, I called ASM M to cover my register. Then thirty minutes later, Marilyn showed up to relieve me for my break. Afterward, I brought in the carts, pulled trash, and swept all the mats. Only had maybe 3 customers the final hour.

Told ASM M I might be running late tomorrow, due to hubby's colonoscopy.

Outfit:  Brown gauze, new faded jeggings, thin gold hoops.


Day 27:  $2,878 (and 73 cents)

Due to the colonoscopy, didn't arrive home until nearly 6, and clocked in at 6:30.  Took over for Kelly, who had already put away the soda.  I did the prelim duties and rang up a few customers....then began sweeping, mucked out the mats, and even sanitized the registers and counters.  Went to break at 9, and worked on a short story after doing my LU and printing out my check stub.  Locked the doors at 10, then discovered I'm Cashier of the Month for April, so ASM N took my picture (I wore his vest, lol!)

I'm off to Indy tomorrow for my semi annual Dr. visit, then off to La Grange, KY on Friday and Saturday for the Kentuckiana Book Fair.  Told N I could work Sunday, if he needed me.

Outfit:  Mama Bear sweatshirt, Fuzzy Socks tee, new faded jeggings, thin gold hoops.


No comments: