Monday, September 19, 2022

Life In Lumber: Y4, W30

 Day 131:  $5,964 (and 90 cents)

Shift began with me going in early to scope out a new dryer. Then soured after I clocked in, and Pro S complaining about W writing her up.  Began to get emotional, but had to supress it when ASM J arrived for a phone order, then shook her head when I didn't know how to put someone on hold, or even dial out!

Was busy until 7, then began the closing duties. Fronted all soda and filled the gatorade cooler, then began sweeping. Went to break at 8:30, and picked up some large trash can liners. After sending Marilyn back, finished sweeping the horseshoe, then mucked out the mats and sanitized the registers. Pulled the trash, and supervised the guys bringing in the cull carts.  Returned items to Electrical and Paint after ASM K cleaned me out.

Outfit:  Gold tee, cut off capris, Lt blue studs


Day 132:  $10, 139 (and 85 cents)

Slow shift.  Fronted the soda, did the prelim duties, and twiddled my thumbs. Had a small 'rush' at 7, then began sweeping.  Shortly before 9, friend Randy B walked in, and rang he and his friends up before I went to my break at 9:30.  Afterward, pulled the trash and locked the doors at 10.  Monitored the door while Loader E did the safety pallets and brought in the concrete.  Loader K took my trash; met new Loader G.

Clocked out at 10:20.

Outfit:  Brown tee, cut off capris, Lt blue studs

Off tomorrow; heading up to take Mom to her eye appointment!


Day 133:  $8,165 (and 41 cents)

Day began with a text from Mgr A, asking if I'd work til close; Em has CV.  So began my shift with learning none of the Pros were there, and my loader was at lunch.  OF COURSE that's when everyone needed a Pro or help!

Finally both AM and AL showed up, and needed 3 o/rs for paint, flooring, and two plants. Went to lunch at 7:30 and when I returned, did the closing duties and mucked out the mats. Sanitized the registers and tried to empty the outside trash, but had the wrong size trash bags.  Oops...

Returned an item to Fashion Bath and put up my vest.  Got to see BWG, and even got a peck on the cheek from him:)

Clocked out at 10:40.

Outfit:  Blue floral tee, SC hoodie, cut off capris, Lt blue studs.


Day 134:  $9,705 (and 95 cents)

Shift began with me up front until 4:30, then went down to Lumber.  Was fairly dead (it was Homecoming) until 6, when it picked up slightly.  Did the prelim duties and fronted all the soda. Kelly relieved me at 7:30, and went on my hour lunch (McA's). Came back a few mins early to find some LARGE trash bags, and found them at the CS. After lunch, swept and sanitized.  Clocked out at 10:20.

Outfit:  Blue whitehorse sweatshirt, faded jeggings, Lt blue studs

No comments: