Monday, September 26, 2022

Life In Lumber Y4, W31

 Day 135:  $7,453 (and 29 cents)

Arrived; fronted all soda, filled the gatorade. Did the prelim duties, rang up customers. Went to break at 8, and when I returned, did my AP4Me and LU, then swept and sanitized both the counters and registers.  Only needed one o/r, for flooring.

Returned items to Plumbing, Millwork, and Hardware after HC C cleaned me out. Put up my vest and clocked out at 10:25.

Outfit:  Rebel tee, gray hooded sweatshirt, faded jeggings, large zirconians


Day 136:  $$9,444 (and 65 cents)

Shift began; discovered #1 was out of 5s and 10s and called HC Ju, who said they'd be down.  90 minutes later, after my line slowed and I gave a customer $10 in quarters, hopped over to #2.  Went to break at 8:30, and when I came back, swept, put away the soda, and sanitized the registers, mucked out the mats, and wiped down the counters.

Had 3 incidents:

A) Customer wanted 30 1/2" OSB; rang him up, but AM and K were busy.  Several mins later, he decided to get a refund.  So I sent him down to CS....JUST as the guys came to get it.  So he changed his mind again, and left with everything.

B) Customer wanted 12 standard decking, but 8 Premium was pulled.  Loader K had to remove and reload.

C) Fight in the canopy.  #1 shoved a cart in front of #2's car; #2 got out of car to tell #1 not do it again.  #1 lost his temper and a 3rd car may or may not have been damaged.  Police were called; a report was filed.

Clocked out at 10:18 after returning items to Electrical and Lights.

Outfit: Strange Smell tee, blue sweatshirt, faded jeggings, thick gold hoops


Day 137:  $5,799 (and 49 cents)

Arrived and did the prelim duties, plus swept and fronted the soda. Customer bought a bag of the salsa chips; I mentioned I wanted to try them; she offered one to me.  Took one bite and regretted it!  Had to get a Bueno bar to get the spicy taste out of my mouth! (they laughed at me, ha ha!)

At 8, ASM K came down, so I decided to finish sweeping.  I got to the end of the candy and I hear, "10 feet!"  So I reswept between 1 and 2, fuming.  Went to break at 8:30, and when I returned, did my LU and sanitized the registers and counters, pulled the trash, and wrote more on Paige's story. Tossed Loader AM the trash, then moved the concrete signs for him so he could bring the pallets in.  Brought in all 3 cull carts, and checked out a last-minute customer with one box of flooring.  Returned items to Electrical, Paint, and Tools, then put up my vest.  Clocked out at 10:25.

Outfit:  Black lace tee, Bless This Mess sweatshirt, faded jeggings, thick silver hoops.


Day 138:  $8,084 (and 20 cents)

Arrived; did prelim duties. If I was ready to walk out last night, tonight reminded me why I love my job:)  Had a rush at 7:30, went to lunch at 8:30. Mucked out the mats, did my LU, printed out the October schedule and pulled trash, then helped bring in the sidewalk carts.  When HC K cleaned me out, returned items to paint and Hardware, then put up my vest.  Clocked out at 10:20.

Only needed one o/r for discounted tools.

Outfit:  Journey tee, SC hoodie, faded jeggings, thin silver hoops.

I'm off to Lexington, KY for the Reader Envy event!

No comments: