Monday, January 9, 2023

Life in Lumber: Y4, W46

 Day 193:  $9031

Knew my shift was going to be challenging when I woke up and realized my eye appointment was this morning.  Therefore, my eyes were still dilated when I arrived at 3. (Good news is, eyes look GREAT, and I was able to get the dreaded glaucoma test over after only 2 tries per eye!)

-1st customer had a marked down table saw.  All managers were in a meeting, and HC C was manning the front registers.  She didn't realize (much like me two weeks ago!) that she could let Self-Checkout do it all while she gave me and o/r.  Therefore, I had to hop to #1 (B worked 6-3; K was on vacation) and call for a Code 99 every 5 mins until she came down.  

-Register 2 acted up; shut it down, then rebooted....same issue.

-Was ringing up Cust B when 'error' arrived.  Did it twice more, then had Pro Kim watch the register.  Turned out to be a can of paint that did NOT need the formula scanned.

Went to lunch at 6:15.  When I returned, I started the closing duties and swept the floor, mucked the mats, did my LU and AP4Me (ASM K left at 6!!).

-Rang up C and before I even hit 'pay', it was processing.  Closed it out and brought it back up; worked that time.

-Customer D discovered his LAC was at home; he called home for it and fortunately we got it entered.

-Customer E had the same issue, only it was her bank card.  Had to ring it up as a phone order in Genesis.

-Customer F tried to pay with his debit card; I mis-read the screen and told him he'd only paid $72.  HC C told me to total it out and she'd refund it (turned out he'd PAID $556!)  After I printed out the receipt, I was confused by the 'change back' until C sorted it out.  They went back to the CS desk and he paid it.

-Customer G left her driver's license in the car with 5 minutes before we closed.  Another customer arrived with a large order; HC C took care of F while I rang up H.

-J told me he had 'preferred lending'....I didn't know how to process it, so HC C sent Kyle down.  He ended up having to take HIM back to the CS desk, due to needing an o/r on the table saw.

I hope tomorrow goes smoother....clocked out at 9:30.

Outfit:  Lavander sweater, black vest, dark jeggings, LJs, silver chain links.


Day 194:  $5322

Today was much more low-key.  Took over for B at 3, and by 4, the place had cleared out.  Temps were in the 50s, so it was GREAT!  Got my closing duties done early. all but the mats and trash.  Went to lunch at 7, then pulled trash and mucked out the mats.  Locked the doors, then a customer came running up; she'd left her phone in the store last night.  I told her to run, and boy did she!  Relocked the doors behind her.  Returned two items to Tools, then put up my vest.  Clocked out at 9:20.

Outfit:  Gray hooded sweatshirt, dark jeggings, LJs, small textured hoops

I'm off the next 4 days!!!!


Day 195:  Rare Sunday  $7470

Arrived and took over for Em, who went to fill the soda cooler.  She left at 4 and I pulled trash and rang up customers. Swept the floor. Jax #2 sent me to break at 5, and when I returned, I mucked out the mats, printed off my check stub, requested Super Bowl Sunday off, as well as Feb 17-19 (Quad Con) off, and emailed Kylie about Race Day.  At 7, I reswept the floor, pulled trash, and did my LU. Locked the doors after my final customer and pulled the outside trash while Loader E was doing safety pallets and bringing in the concrete.  ASM A cleaned me out, and a few mins later, E took the trash down.  I closed the big door and put up my vest.  Clocked out at 8:15.

Had one 'oops'....went to give a customer his $34....and tried to give him 34 CENTS!  Geez....

Outfit:  Brown/white striped fleece shirt, new faded jeggings, LJs, FLG, diamond hoops.

No comments: