Monday, January 30, 2023

Life In Lumber: Y4, W49

Day 205:  $7107

Was supposed to go to Mike Wayne's funeral this afternoon, but when I checked the weather, it was snowing, and supposed to be slick. I opted to stay here. Arrived and took over for B, then learned the only two forklift drivers in the building were on lunch.....and had flooring to be brought in, plus another customer wanted 80 sheets of drywall.  When he learned I couldn't give him the Pro discount, he said he'd wait til tomorrow. So Cust A gave me his truck keys, so he could go do the rest of his shopping, so when Isaac arrived, he could go ahead and unload the flooring, w/o having to chase down the customer. Needless to say, I had a headache by 6, but things calmed down.

I did the prelim duties and had the floor swept, plus the mats mucked, by 7. Seb brought down the Monsters; I filled the cooler.  Then he brought down the snacks at 8, when I realized I wasn't getting my break.  Joked they were torturing me, leaving a hungry cashier with all the snacks!  Had them filled by 8:45, and rang up my final three customers. Finalized the trash and pulled the outside trash, and when HC C came to clean me out, I closed the large door and walked her up front. Put up my vest and clocked out at 9:25.

Outfit:  B/W LS, black vest, faded jeggings, :LJs, black and silver danglies


Day 206:  $6391

Arrived and took over for B, then found out we had no forklift license again.  Fortunately, didn't need one until 7, and again at almost close, both for drywall. Was fairly dead for the most part; fronted soda and did the prelim duties, then since my dustmop was MIA, mucked out the mats and sanitized the registers. Lex sent me to break at 7, and when I returned, I pulled trash, looked at my schedule, and did my LU. Dalton and Blake brought in the hopper and the concrete, then after HC K cleaned me out, I had to wait for the final 34 sheets of drywall to be loaded before I could close the doors. Took the trash down to the hopper, then returned items to Plumbing, Electrical, and Hardware. Clocked out at 9:20.

Discovered I'd packed my EMPTY TINS in Adriane's X-mas bag!  Geez.....got home and yup....her cookies are on my bedroom floor!  Will take them to her tomorrow.  

Outfit:  Blue/white striped sweater, white vest, dark jeggings, LJs, blue danglies


Day 207:  $9086

Today was shit show #3. Arrived, and discovered I'd be working with Mgr G as my lumber associate.  fine; I know he can run a forklift, so this will be good. WRONG!  He went to lunch as soon as I arrived, and within 15 minutes, someone wanted drywall.  Fine; got a hold of the LG guys, who took care of it. G arrived and again within minutes, a lady wanted 24 sheets of drywall pulled while she shopped. Then after he pulled it, another man wanted 20 sheets. After they pulled it, I didn't know where the customer had gone, so Mgr J was slightly irritated with me. Adriane showed up to send me to break at that time. After I returned, did my LU and spot-swept, plus pulled trash and sanitized the registers. At 8:45, a couple appeared with three carts, and they weren't done loading until after 9:15.  G asked me to take some carts down to the front; I pushed them into the aisle, and after he brought in the concrete, I closed the door, then had no idea where the hopper was, so pushed it up front after dropping off items in Plumbing. Mgr J told me she'd take care of it, so I asked Jaylee if she'd go get the carts. She did, and I put up my vest.  Clocked out at 9:40.

Put gas in my van, only to leave the gas cover on the pump. Went back to get it; it's gone.

Outfit:  White sweater, black CBS tee, dark jeggings, LJs, FLG, green/bronze danglies.

Tomorrow, taking mom to drs appt!

No comments: