Monday, January 16, 2023

Life In Lumber: Y4, W47

Day 196:  $10,961

B was on forced vacation, so took over for Kem, and the first thing I did was knock over my water all over my counter. After I wiped up that mess, was busy for two hours.  Had a rush at 5:30, then did the prelim duties. Did my AP4Me and LU, and started sweeping. Kel sent me to lunch at 7:30, and after a brief moment of trying to help a customer in Millwork, Shaun showed up and I was able to take my break! Afterward, I pulled the trash and mucked out the mats.  Locked the doors at 9 and after Steve from OSLG took the trash and brought in the concrete (Loader E2 doesn't have his forklift license yet), took the loading and tax exempt tix up front.  Clocked out at 9:30.

Outfit:  Home Grown sweatshirt, CBS tee, new faded jeggings, LJs, FLG, small diamond hoops.


Day 197:   $12,850

Arrived and took over for Kem, and things went very well all shift.  It was 'Super Hero Day', so I was 'Super Mom'. Printed out my tax info and saw that ASM A hopefully has approved my Indy 500 Sunday off!!!  Went to break at 7:30, but first had to retrieve a nail gun from Tools, which meant tracking down the tall ladder, then finding said item!  Then Tim K flagged me down, and I helped them in the Lumber aisle.  THEN took my half hour break!  Saw Eddie Th and little Joey Frey. After break, swept, pulled trash, and mucked out the mats. Locked the doors at 9, took the trash to the hopper, and put up my vest. Clocked out at 9:20.

Outfit:  Black Mom tee, red v-neck, r/w/b caftan (my cape, ha ha!), new faded jeggings, LJs, small diamond hoops.

Off tomorrow!


Day 198:  $7315

Arrived and took over for B, and was busy for an hour.  Swept at 6 and did the prelim duties, fronted the soda (ASM K was dealing with a customer, so wanted to stay busy). Took my break at 6:45 and bought a small fan (75% off!), then pulled trash, including the outside one. Had a difficult customer; since we don't price-match the website, she wanted to buy her cabinets online, but had issues with her card, that she claimed had paid off. In fact, when we checked it, showed 0 balance.  But calls to the customer care center were fruitless; it kept trying to give me an offer, and I could NOT get a CS on the line!  They finally just paid with another card and went on their merry way.  I mucked out the mats and brought in the cull cart.  Locked the doors at 9, and took the trash to the hopper.  Clocked out at 9:30.

Outfit:  Brown 3/4 length sleeve shirt, LJs, new dark jeggings, diamond hoops.

Off tomorrow!


Day 199:  Rare Sat  $7379

Arrived and took over for Em after returning an item to Tools and an another to Paint. Did prelim duties, then had to have 3 o/r:  One for a door, one for wire, and another for a price match. At one point, I had 3 registers going.  Pro S asked me to give her neighbor 12% off; I thought I did, but he came back and it turned out he only got it on the door.  Dude, 1) You could see I was busy; 2) You could have waited until I was finished; and 3) It could have been fixed the next day!  Oh well....

Went to break at 7:15 and when I returned, began the closing duties:  Pulling trash, did my LU, sweeping, and fronting soda. I also mucked out the mats and sanitized the registers.  After Loader E1 took the trash, brought in the concrete, the cull pack, and both forklifts, I put up my vest and returned items to Aisle 10, Aisle 29, and Hardware. Clocked out at 9:30.

Outfit:  Teal green LS tee, black vest, new dark jeggings, thin gold hoops

CRAP!  Forgot to ask if I could come in later....Joyce DeWitt interview at 3.  Waaaahhhhh.....


Day 200:  Rare Sun  $6817

Arrived and took over for Em, who was headed to lunch.  Wasn't that busy, but had a few 'rushes'. Angie left at 4; Em returned shortly afterward. She swept, then filled the soda coolers. I went to break at 5:30, and when I came back, she took her final break.  Did my LU and recorded my schedule, then began sweeping.  HC J cleaned out #2 and 2 and sent Em up front; I did the closing duties and at 9, locked the doors and waited for Loader E to take the trash after HC J cleaned ME out. Returned an item to Lights and put up my vest.  Clocked out at 8:30.

Outfit:  Black sweater, red polo, new dark jeggings, LJs, FLGs, sea horses.

No comments: