Monday, January 2, 2023

Life In Lumber: Y4, W45

 Day 189:  $11,789

Arrived; was up front for an hour before sending B on his break, then we were so busy, I stayed down there.  It was 'let's-go-over-our-credit-limit' time....Cust A was over, but disputed it; called back a 2nd time and the CSA spoke to her.  I asked her what was said, and the customer shrugged.  "I didn't understand what she was saying."  And paid cash.  $3300!  Cust B (right behind them!) turned out to be an inactive card, so HE used his other credit card.  I was ready to go home!!!

Anyway, things settled down.  Did the prelim duties, and by 6:30 things were so slow, I went ahead and swept, mucked out the mats. Em sent me to lunch at 7:10, and when I returned, I fronted the soda, did my LU and AP4Me.  Locked the doors at 9, and took the trash to the hopper.  Accidentally locked ASM K outside....oops...

Clocked out at 9:30.

Outfit:  Gray V-neck tee, faded jeggings, LJs, silver links.


Day 190:  $6479

Was called in at 3; SM J asked me, "What are you doing slumming up here?"

"You can't seem to get enough cashiers, so I have to fill in!"

If I'd have thought about it sooner, I'd have said," Someone needs to make sure the Front End is doing its job.." or something to that effect/!

Was only up there for 90 mins, then sent to Lumber.  Took my break at 5:30 and when I returned, started the closing duties, sweeping, pulled trash.  Mucked out the mats, and final customer left at 8:55.

Accidentally tried to do two cash transactions after HC J cleaned out my drawer....oops.

Returned items to Paint, then put up my vest.  Clocked out at 9:30.

Outfit:  Red/black plaid, LJs black vest, dark jeggings, thin gold hoops.


Day 191:  Rare Sat  $4691

Arrived; met Angela, who seemed a little put out by the fact I was late (Theresa needed to chat). Rang customers up until 6, then began the closing duties.  Went to break at 7:30. then pulled trash, swept, mucked the mats, and sanitized the registers.  HC C brought down the Monster and Red Bull that we needed; I got it filled before we closed. 

Had one irritating customer who had a bunch of items without barcodes.

Rebar:  What dimension?  I don't know.

The man gave a tool to me and said he didn't want it.  Then he handed a pick ax, and I thought he said the same thing, then walked off.  I asked her if he wanted it.

I don't know....  She rattled off to him, then said yes, and indicated the cart.

I finally managed to ring everything up.

After my last customer left, I locked the doors and had Loader E take the trash.  Then had to wait for Loader AM to take the trash and bring in the concrete.  Clocked out at 9:30.

Outfit:  Mama Bear sweatshirt, dark jeggings, LJs, flower diamond studs.


Day 192:  Rare Sunday  $7091

Arrived and relieved Angie for her break; I took back the returns while Lex rang up what few customers we had.  I filled the soda and at 4, Lex clocked out. I began the closing duties, since we weren't too busy; things picked up an hour later.  At 6:30, Angie sent me to my break and when I came back, I swept, pulled trash, sanitized the registers, and mucked out the mats.  I also swept the loading area.  Final customer was at 8, then waited while Loader AM brought in the concrete and took out the trash.  Clocked out at 8:30.

Outfit:  Red hooded sweater, dark jeggings, LJs, silver crosses

No comments: