Monday, April 22, 2024

Life In Lumber: Y6, W9

 Day 35: High 60s

Thankfully, after the weekend stress, today was much slower.  Arrived and took over for Alice, and was busy for maybe an hour before doing the prelim duties, my LU and AP4Me. Started sweeping, and by 7, was all caught up.  Worked on my schedule and requested some forgotten May dates and June dates. HC Kay sent me to break at 8:15. Returned, pulled trash, and sanitized the registers, counters, and coffee bar.. Didn't have any customers until 9:45, then had 3 in a row. Final customer left at 10. I locked the doors; ASM Ian brought in the concrete; Loader Joey took my trash to the hopper; I put up my vest.  Clocked out at 10:30.  Discovered tomorrow's CS Robert's last day.

Earlier in the day, I scanned 4 casters, and the $800 total never phased me, until the customer showed me the receipt.  It had scanned a PACKAGE, meaning 94 casters, instead of FOUR, so I sent her up to CS for a refund.  Clearly my brain wasn't awake yet!  Robert and I laughed about it as we were walking out.

Outfit:  Blue hooded Cabela's sweatshirt, dark jeggings, large gold skinny hoops


Day 36: Rain, high 60s

It wasn't raining when I arrived, but by the time I got to the register, it was pouring. Did the prelim duties, then got busy. Things quieted down; at 7:30 I tuned into Brian's podcast and continued ringing up customers. Had one elderly gentleman want a water cooler, plus an extra water. Finally got it sent up to Lumber, and he checked out. Austin sent me to break at 8:30, and when I returned, had another elderly gentleman with an item I'd never seen before, plus he didn't know his rebar dimensions.  So while he was taking pictures, I hopped to #2 and rang up the others.  Rang up the 1st guy, then the place died again.  Did my LU and swept the hot spots. Sanitized the registers and counters, and fronted the soda (we'd filled it earlier). Brighton brought in the concrete and took the trash.  I locked the doors at 10 and returned an item to Tools.  Clocked out at 10:30.

Outfit:  Black/white poncho, red l/s v-neck tee, dark jeggings, thick white 'grandma' hoops

Am off the next two days!  Mom has an appointment on Wed, and choir practice on Thurs.


Day 37:  Low 70s

Arrived and took over for Alice. Discovered we had ZERO trash bags....so after doing part of the prelim duties, was slammed with a difficult customer, and the line backed up.  Asked him to wait, and called ASM Scott, who came down as I was checking out the VERY long line, and told him what was going on.  He told me how to fix it, so after the line grew shorter (and Brighton happened to come down to help!), I took care of the customer.  Got his order pulled (110 sheets of 12' drywall, 5 sheets of 8', and 45 sheets of 5/8ths), then the place DIED! Did my LU and checked my schedule, pulled all the trash, filled the bags.  Amy sent me to break at 9, and when I returned, swept the place and sanitized the coffee bar. Locked the doors at 9:55.  Conrad brought in the concrete, and HC Shel cleaned me out. Loader Joey took my trash to the hopper; put up my vest and returned an item to ISLG.  Clocked out around 10:40 and put gas in my car for tomorrow.

Outfit:  Palm tree sweatshirt, new faded jeggings, large thin white hoops

Off tomorrow for SI Comic Con in Benton, Il!


Day 38:  Rare Sun Sunny, high 70s

Arrived and stocked soda for an hour. Marilyn left at 4, then new hire Kim left at 4:30.  Was steady all evening.  Did the prelim duries, and my LU, then swept most of the area.  Final customer left after we closed.  Brighton brought in the concrete; HC Kay cleaned me out; I took the trash to the hopper, then put up my vest and returned an item to ISLG.  Clocked out at 8:30.

Took my break at 5:30, and discovered someone ate two of my lunchables.

Outfit:  Blessed Grandma tee, new faded jeggings, silver with blue and pink stones hoops

No comments: