Monday, August 19, 2024

Life In Lumber: Y6, W 25

 Day 102: Lower Humidity; 80

Was called in at 3; was busy entire shift, due to full moon???  Was able to get my LU and AP4Me done around 9:30; spot-swept the area; sanitized the coffee bar.  Went to lunch at 7:15 and had to 'rescue' D in aisle 17, when he needed plumbing assistance (thanks Brent!).  Had to take several items back to Plumbing, Electrical, Lights, Tools, Hardware, and the front end. Clocked out at 10:40.

Outfit:  Black eclipse tee, faded cut off capris, eclipse danglies


Day 103: Low humidity, high 70s

Good, low-key day!  Was able to get ALL the closing duties accomplished!  Took a pit stop at 8:30; HC Shel sent me to break at 9:05. Did my LU and sanitized all the registers and coffee bar. Locked the doors at 9:50, since we had NO cars in the lot.  Had a 'rush' from 7:15-8, but that was about it. Returned items to Plumbing, Electrical, Tools, Aisle 10, Paint, and Hardware. Clocked out at 10:35.

Outfit:  Gray America tee, long capris, double stars


Day 104:  Lower humidity, high 70s

Another repeat of yesterday!  Was slightly busy between 4-6, then took a pit stop at 6:30 and got the entire area swept until HC Austin sent me to lunch at 7:30. Returned; pulled trash, did my LU. Took my next break at 9:15 and then Brent from Millwork wanted me to look up a door.  Found it, and rang him up. Sanitized coffee bar, then pulled the rest of the trash. ASM Shan watched the door after Loader Bright took the trash (Joey was unloading the OSB truck), then returned an item to Electronics and put up my vest. Clocked out at 10:25.

Outfit:  Red LU tee, long capris, thin gold hoops


Day 105:  Low humidity, low 80s

Another good, low-key day!  Can't remember the specifics.....

Outfit:  Black USA tee, long capris, thin gold hoops


Day 106: Hot, high 80s

Took over for Alice; was busy until Katy sent me to lunch at 6:30. Returned and was still busy for another hour, then things slowed down. 'Beat up' Connor Klein with a paint roller after he wondered why I needed his phone #....."for your pro points!"....Then swept the area, sanitized the coffee bar and registers. My new loader Vincent came from the Brownsburg store, so he already knew what to do:)  Jared is also back!!!  Loader Con brought in the concrete; I locked the doors; HC Austin cleaned me out. Returned items to Plumbing, Hardware, Tools, and ISLG. Clocked out at 10:40.

Outfit:  Gray Purdue tee, long capris, small gold textured hoops


Day 107: Rare Sun Hot, high 80s

Arrived and helped Amy for 2 hours. Took a pit stop at 4:45, and after A left at 5, fronted soda and consolidated the trash.  Was steady, not swamped.  Did have a 'rush' when I returned from my break at 6:30, but only had maybe 5 people one after the other. Sanitized the coffee bar, pulled trash, and made sure everything was tidy. Locked the doors at 8 after last customer left. Loader Joe brought in the concrete and took my trash. HC Kay cleaned me out; returned an item to Appliances, took another pit stop, and clocked out at 8:20.

Outfit:  Black blouse, long capris, silver crosses

No comments: