Monday, August 5, 2024

Life In Lumber: Y6, W23

 Day 95:  Hot and humid, 90s

Arrived and took over for Kem. Did the prelim duties; at 5, fronted the soda and did my LU and AP4Me. Went to lunch at 6:30 and when I returned, began sweeping. Took another break at 8:45.  Pulled trash and did a quick soda count. Sanitized the coffee bar and counters. Got an LCA app, so was able to punch the tree, and won a Lowes GC (I'll find out Thurs how much $$) and a grill brush. Loader Con took my trash and brought in the concrete. After HC Shel cleaned me out, returned items to Tools, Plumbing, Paint, and Hardware. Clocked out at 10:40, then brought in another cart that was left outside.

Outfit: Blue LU tee, dark cut off capris, silver chains

Off the next two days!


Day 96: Cooler, 80s

Arrived and took over for Alice. Did the prelim duties, fronted soda. Did my LU and checked my schedule, plus requested off for my Sept dates and a few in October. Around 7:30, Loader Con brought my dustmop to me and began sweeping. Izzy sent me to break at 8:30 and when I returned, pulled trash, mucked the mats, sanitized the coffee bar and my counter. Locked the doors at 10; Loader Con brought in the concrete and took the trash. HC Austin cleaned me out; returned items to Electrical, Hardware, and OSLG. Put up my vest and clocked out at 10:30.

Outfit:  Brown tee, dark cut off capris, brown 'dreamcatcher's.


Day 97: Cooler, low 80s

Arrived and took over for Alice. Did prelim duties, and did soda count.  Did my LU. Pro Nel didn't leave until after 6 and swept the entire area. HC Austin sent me to break at 8:30, and when I returned, pulled trash and sanitized the coffee bar. Put the soda away....and then 9:45 happened.  Customer A returned 70 pieces of lumber; Customer B had 2 carts; Customer C had two pallets of flooring, plus 3 toilets AND a cart.  Customer C nearly left without one of their items; I had to chase them down as they started to pull out of the canopy area!  Loader Joe took the trash and brought in the concrete as I was finishing up the soda. HC Austin cleaned me out; returned items to Plumbing and Hardware. Put up my vest and clocked out at 10:30.  ASM CB is off for the next 10 days:)  THAT'S why we got out of there ontime, lol!

Was pissed; never got to talk to DS Kari about tomorrow; she led me to believe she was taking care of getting coverage, but to my knowledge, nothing's been done.  I can't get there until 6, so told HC Austin I'll be calling in to be late tomorrow.  As for Sunday....I think I'm trying to catch something.  I've not called in sick since Jan, so I should be fine.

Outfit:  Yellow Fla tee, dark cut off capris, sea horses


Day 98:  Rare Sat 

Finally arrived at 6:30 and took over for Dawson.  Blah evening, but busy, and my energy level crashed around 8. Did manage to sanitize the coffee bar and registers, and sweep aisle 19...and front the soda, but that's about it. Pulled trash, brought in the carts, and watched the clock. Locked the doors at 10; Loader Con took the trash and brought in the concrete; HC Austin cleaned me out. Returned items to Electrical and Plumbing, put up my vest, and clocked out at 10:30.  Felt like crap, and told ASM SC I was calling in tomorrow.  My glands are swollen; I started coughing yesterday.

Outfit:  Gray IN tee, dark cut off capris, blue T-Rex

No comments: