Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Looking Into the Future.....

I know; it's been a while since I've answered anymore of those interview questions.  And this one threw me for a loop, but I think I finally have an answer that doesn't come off as TOO self-absorbed!

What do you want people to say about you as an author, in the future?

I would hope that anyone who reads my Arbor U series in the year 2086 says "Oh wow...I always wondered what life was like back then...before technology.  It took how long for a letter to get across the state/country?  Their phone had a cord?  They used typewriters?  Suffered through snow in winter? (yes, I would hope there is some way to have snow only fall in the grass area!!!)  Or even, they had to walk to their classroom?"

And as always, I would hope someone will read one of the books and think 'Oh boy...my boyfriend/roommate/friend/sister/brother has some of the same behavior.  Maybe I need to talk to someone about it/end this relationship?'

If anyone reads Kenzie's work, I would hope they finish with a smile on their face and 'where can I get more Kenzie books?' attitude.

In short, I hope people are still reading my work and maybe even use one (or more!) of my books as 'required reading'.

I seriously hope Kenzie's aren't banned....but maybe the PG versions will still be around?

And every month when my children/grandchildren receive a check in the mail, they'll look up at Heaven and say, 'Thanks Grandma!'

What about you?

No comments: