Friday, September 20, 2019

Flashback Friday: Catching Up 1999

Aug 1999: 
Registered S for kindergarten, and K began 3rd grade.  I knew this was going to be a rough year, schedule-wise, since S only went half a day, so I'd take both kids to school, either go home and write, or do any errands, then return at 10:30 to pick her up and feed her lunch, then work/do errands until 2:30, when it was time to pick up K again.

Sept:
Met the new people who moved into one of the back lots, and it turned out their daughter Shelby was in S's class. Their son, Zach was also in the 3rd grade, but he had the other teacher.

Another little girl, Rosemary, caused drama when she brought a kitten to school in her back pack, and it turned out her mom was the new Daisy Scout leader.  I eagerly signed S up, and at first the meetings were fun.  K had joined Cub Scouts the previous year, so I looked forward to having two Scouts in my family, since I'd also been a Girl Scout, and enjoyed it.

Next Month:  I Take On A New Role.

***********
Present Day:
I have the weekend off!  Plan to relax and get some work accomplished at home.  At our writers meeting yesterday, we announced our next project will be based around the subject of Bridges or Dead Beats.  I'm already envisioning incorporating the Sunshine Skyway into a story.  Stay tuned....

Have a great weekend! 

No comments: