Monday, July 11, 2022

Life In Lumber: Y4, W20

 Day 89:  $9,228 (and 4 cents)

Arrived early and checked my email, which made my blood slightly boil.  ASM K had forwarded an email about postloads, where a loading ticket isn't printed, and so when it's printed, it's called a post load. I KNOW how to print a ticket, so don't need to ask her how to do it.  The only tickets I've not printed are the one where the printer was down, and when I can't find said ticket.  Otherwise.....yeah, I know how to do it.  Resolved to be cheerful, and succeeded:)  Asked Pro J about it, and he said Mgr G told him to do it, and that Corporate is cracking down on some idiotic stuff.

Did soda count and prelim duties, and was sent to lunch at 6:30 (pasta salad in break room).  Went out to the car to get the two charms for Lee, who's making me a pair of earrings.  When I returned, pulled trash and swept the entire area, mucked under the mats, did my LU and AP4Me (ASM K had left at 7:30), and discovered so far, I'm #3 in the AP4Me:)

Met our new loader, Jake.  Loader AL took my trash while HC J cleaned me out.  Returned items to Hardware and ISLG.  Clocked out at 10:30.

Outfit:  Blue/white striped tee, original capris, silver pearl chandelier.


Day 90:  $6,515 (and 16 cents)

Chatted with CB about my employment status; turns out I need to finish the hiring paperwork. He's going to talk to the DM and see if they can resend it, since I accidentally deleted it.

Arrived and was shanghied by Misty, who wanted me to do my LU, then a special Pro one.  So I did, and was 10 mins late getting to my register.  I already knew ASM K wasn't there; what I didn't know was she had gone home feeling sick.  I hopped on #2 since Kem needed and o/r, then took over.  Did the prelim duties, then the soda count.  Took a 15 min break at 6:30, then went to lunch at 8.  I'd already pulled the trash and swept, so when I returned, all I had to do was muck out the mats. I'd also cut my break short so I could go get some of the soda!  Filled it, then straightened the carts, brought in the cull packs and the drink station.  Teased Loader AL b/c when he brought in the concrete, one of the bags ripped, and he left a trail.  Told him, "You're supposed to use cookies or bread crumbs to find your way back!"  He just gave me a look.  "I hate my job."

Clocked out at 10:30.

Outfit:  Def Leppard tee, original capris, dangly hearts.


Day 91:  $11,467 (and 12 cents)

Spent the morning in bed, and took a CV test at 1. Should find out in the next 12 hours if I'm sick or not.

Arrived; talked with ASM N and told him of my possible exposure over the weekend, and he approved of me masking up.  Took over for Kem and did the soda count and prelim duties, then at 5:30, I felt myself going downhill again.  J sent me to break, and at 6:30, ran out of $1s, so hopped to #2, where I stayed the rest of the evening.  Called down at 7:30 to see if someone could come send me to a pit stop, and J returned, telling me to take my lunch break.  Told him Loader AL had called in, so Mgr G was the associate.

After lunch, pulled trash, swept, and was so cold for 30 mins, was wearing my thick red hoodie. Mucked out the mats, and when HC C cleaned me out, walked with her after taking the trash to the hopper.  Took C's vest back and brought her keys, then we all clocked out at 10:30.

Outfit: Indian Motorcycle tee, original capris, r/w/b mask


Thurs:  Tested Positive For CV....ugh.

No comments: