Monday, December 26, 2022

Life In Lumber: Y 4, W44

 Day 184:  $6,297 (and 46 cents)

Arrived; sent all the return items, except for Tools, down to CS.  Did the prelim duties after catching up the line, and fronted the soda, then began sweeping.  ASM K left at 7, so did my LU and AP4Me. Seb relieved me at 7:30 for break; I was in the middle of setting up a delivery order. After finishing, I checked out 2 more, then escaped.  After returning, S said he only had maybe 2 customers while I was gone.  Mucked out the mats and sanitized the counters. Pulled trash, and final customer left at 9.  Locked the doors; while Loader E was bringing in the fork lifts, I returned the items to Tools and two to Plumbing.  Waited for E to take out the trash, then lowered the door and put up my vest.  Clocked out at 9:30.

Outfit:  Most Wonderfult time...tee, black LS tee, faded jeggings, LJs, red/green danglies


Day 185:  $7,510 (and 19 cents)

Arrived; took over for Adriane. Gathered the paperwork, then was fairly busy, plus a customer who decided to tell me to take off an item AFTER giving me a partial payment!!!  Ended up calling HC K down to deal with it while I hopped on 2 and rang everyone else up.  She finally got it refunded and rebilled. Started prelim duties at 5; went to lunch at 6:30.  Took back Lightbulbs and grabbed a roll of trash can liners, then clocked out.

Afterward, swept and rang up the random customer,  ASM K left at 3, so did my LU. Mucked out the mats, fronted soda, pulled trash, and tried to stay warm until I locked the doors at 8:55.  Loader E brought in the concrete, then took the trash around.  Clocked out at 9:20.

Outfit:  Red 'snowflake' sweater, faded jeggings, LJs, blue fingerless gloves, red hooded sweatshirt, snowflakes.


Day 186:  $12,912 (and 72 cents)

The GREAT news:  Found out I got a raise!!!  Up to $14.52 instead of $13.33:)

The good news:  Was up front at first, then was puzzled as to why no one but Jax was with me (he was on self-checkout).  I was about to shanghai Ian to watch my register while I took a much-needed pit stop, but before I could get his attention, Jess paged me and told me I was needed in Lumber.  Told her I was the only one up front; she said to let Jax handle it. So did that, and told B about my urgent matter.  After I was finished, I returned and let him go, and things went smoothly until 8.

Then the sh*t show began.

The bad news:  Customer A had 3 doors, but couldn't find the code for the 3rd.  He said he'd be happy to go take a picture.  I saved everything under my phone #.  He returns several minutes later, then tried to pay in cash.  I apologized and said I was only taking cards.  He said to forget it all and stormed out. Customer B asks me where to find a certain OSB; I looked it up and it should have been right in front of him.  I can't check it, b/c a customer is waiting.  I asked one of the OSLG guys to help him; he got huffy and asked WTH was my loader?  E was in the process of checking in. I helped my customer; I saw ASM J pass it off to E. 

Jay came down and sent me to lunch, which was fine.  But when I returned, Customer C decided what she'd tried to buy was too much for her card, and needed to pay cash.  I saved it under my # and sent her up front.  I then get a phone call from an irate cashier about how the invoice had other stuff on it; I explained the situation; she said never mind, she was just rescanning it all. After locked the doors and logged out of the system, Customer D arrives, but wants to pay with his phone.  He has no cash and no card....but his buddy does.  I ring it up; his buddy's card doesn't work.  He taps on his phone and tries again....goes through!  They left; E took the trash and brought in the concrete.  I shut the large door and returned items to Electrical, Tools, Aisle 10, and Paint.  Trinity took the rest.  Put up my vest and clocked out at 9:30.

Oh, and earlier, when I tried to print out my pay stub, the printer had a paper jam, which I DID get fixed.  I also did manage to do most of the closing duties.

Outfit:  Black/white poncho, white tunic, faded jeggings, LJs, blue fingerless gloves, good gold hoops.

Oh, and ASM K was leaving as I arrived up front at 3:)


Day 187:  $10,872 (and 28 cents)

Was called into work early, so arrived shortly before 4 and hopped on Reg 9.  Was up front for an hour before being sent to Lumber.  Good shift, but busy!  Managed to get the closing duties done after my break at 7:30.  Clocked out at 9:15.

Outfit:  Black tunic, gold plaid vest, faded jeggings, LJs, silver chain links



Day 188 Rare Sunday $4764 (and 47 cents)

Happy New Year's Day!

Arrived at 3 and helped Em with the line. She went off to fill the soda coolers; I rang up customers and began a credit app.  Em finished the main part while I was ringing up customers, then I took over again.  Ran into a snag when I couldn't pull up his info after he was approved, but his email arrived and I was able to check him out.  Problem was, he wasn't done shopping.  I humbly apologized.  An hour later, he was back with his 50 2x4s. and thankfully Maria was there to help him get his 20%, Em had a customer who tried to pay with a GC, but the system malfunctioned, taking the funds with it.  She was able to get it fixed while I hopped on #2 and rang up the others.  Lex gave me my break at 5:15, and when I returned, pulled the trash, spot-swept, and locked the doors at 6.  Had to turn away 2 customers who arrived shortly after, while Loader E was taking the trash and bringing in the concrete.  E brought in the cull cart; I helped with the other carts, then returned items to Tools, Lights, Aisle 10, and Paint.  Clocked out at 6:30.

Outfit:  White tunic, Black Millenium tee, faded jeggings, LJs, small textured hoops.

No comments: