Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Life In Lumber: Y5, W31

 Day 134:  $1435

Knew I wasn't feeling very well, but thought I could tough it out. Took over for Kem, and let HC B know I was dealing with a finicky digestive system. She left Cindy with me, and sure enough, at 4:30, I had to make an emergency pit stop.  Knowing C was leaving at 5, I called ASM SC and told him I needed to go home.  Clocked out at 4:50.

ASM K left at 3:)

Outfit:  Gray LU Plank tee, faded capris, small flower diamonds


Day 135:  $6404

Felt 100% better today!  Hopped on #2 to help with the line, then took over for Kem. Rain hit for 45 mins, and things slowed down. Did the prelim duties at 4, and Marilyn sent me to lunch at 5. Came back and swapped out the batteries from 1 and 3, since I don't particularly like #2. Swept the area at 6, mucked out the mats at 7 and did my LU. Pulled trash at 8:30, brought in the cull cart at 9, and locked the side doors at 9:45 so Loader D could bring in the concrete. Shut the large door at 10, and after HC Cam cleaned me out, went to Receiving and got more large trash bags. Clocked out at 10:30.

ASM K left at 3:)

Outfit:  Gold tee, faded capris, small flower diamonds.

Tomorrow:  Off to Lafayette:)


Day 136:  $14,352

ASM K QUIT!!!!  OH HAPPY DAY!

Apparently on Wed, she came in, said "F*ck this" and went home.  The entire store cheered! (not really, but at least most of Pro did!)

Anyway, clocked in at 2:10 and took over for Kem. Did the prelim duties and LU. Was fairly steady, and didn't get my 1st break. Austin sent me to lunch around 5:40, and when I returned, things had slowed down. Swept, rang up customers, pulled trash at 8:30. HC B sent me to my break at 8:45, then had me do soda count. Didn't have time to muck the mats or sanitize. Locked the doors at 10, and returned items to Hardware.  Clocked out at 10:20.

Outfit: Blue Vancouver Aquarium tee, dark capris, sea horses


Day 137:  Rare Sat $6214

Arrived and discovered I wasn't due to be on the clock until 5:30.  Oh well....clocked in and went down, chatted with Merideth, did my LU, fronted the soda, and returned items to Paint, Tools, and Aisle 10.  Took over for her at 6, and my 1st customer decided they didn't need the faucet or the duct work. Grrr... anyway, shift was good. Did the prelim duties, swept the entire place, and at 7, HC Cam sent me to break. Returned the faucet and duct work, and when I came back, continued sweeping, mucked out the mats, and sanitized the registers. Pulled trash at 8:30, and at 9:30, ASM SC handed me a service star, for coming in extra hours and on my days off.  Then had an issue with an order and joked he was going to take it back!  LOL...but the issue was soon resolved. Steve, who was working in Tools, brought in the concrete at 10 after I locked the doors.  ASM SC cleaned me out, and clocked out at 10:30.

Heard a rumor that ASM K was about to be fired, and that's why she quit.  Not sure how true it is.

Outfit:  Rob Strong tee, dark capris, small textured hoops


Day 138:  Rare Sun  $9815

Arrived and did my LU, then went down and helped Austin with the line.  Took a LG cart back; tried to help another customer in drywall. Austin left at 4, and we were steady all the way til 6. Took my break, and came back and swept the floor, did the prelim duties, pulled trash at 7, and mucked out the mats. Sanitized the registers and counters, plus pulled everything off the Pepsi cooler and wiped down the top. ASM SC cleaned me out; I returned an item to Plumbing, then took carts to LG, brought back a regular cart, and cleaned up Aisle 15. Clocked out at 9:05.

Outfit:  Marvin Harrison jersey, dark capris, small gold hoops

No comments: