Monday, May 20, 2024

Life In Lumber: Y6, W13

 Day 53: Sunny, high 80s

Arrived and discovered Alice had called in. Took over for Kem and was fairly steady for an hour. Did the prelim duties at 4, and began sweeping the floor around 5:30. DS Kari sent me to lunch at 6, and when I returned. continued sweeping. At 8:30, pulled the trash. Did my LU and AP4Me, plus sanitized the coffee bar. Locked the doors at 10 and after ASM SCh cleaned me out, I returned items to Tools and Aisle 21. Took the trash to the hopper and put up my vest.  Since I'd gotten a credit app, punched the tree and won a chicken doggy toy. Proceeded to smack Conrad with it for working SCO instead of Lumber, lol (we were ridiculously short-staffed tonight!). Clocked out at 10:30

Outfit:  Gray LU tee, cut off capris, silver bell/knots


Day 54: Sunny, low 80s

Arrived and took over for Kathy. Alice went to break. Was fairly steady; had already done my LU while waiting to clock in. Got to see former Loader Austin Mc. First I hugged him, then I smacked him for leaving so abruptly! Took a pit stop before Alice left, then did the prelim duties, found my dustpan, and had the place swept by 7:30. Had mats mucked by 8, then talked on the phone with Erica for 40 mins before realizing I'd not been sent to lunch yet! Pulled trash, and at 9:30, Theresa came down and gave me a pit stop break. Went to Receiving to get trash bags, and also returned items to Plumbing and Electrical. Alice showed me how to do returns (scan receipt, key in item #s and print receipt). At 10, locked the doors. Loader Joey brought in the concrete; Loader Conrad took the trash. Put up my vest after closing the garage door. Clocked out at 10:30.  HC Britt apologized for forgetting me.

Outfit:  Black lace tee, cut off capris, silver diamond-shaped danglies


Day 55: Cloudy, high 70s

Arrived and took over for Jeremy. Alice took her break; was mildly busy. I took my break at 4:30, and when Alice left at 5, was fairly steady for 30 mins. Did the prelim duties and began the soda count. Austin sent me to lunch at 6:30, and when I returned, began sweeping. By 9, Austin had brought the soda. I'd gotten the entire floor swept, the mats mucked, and the registers and coffee bar sanitized. Put away the soda, then did my LU. Locked the doors at 10; ASM Charlie brought in the concrete and Loader Conrad took the trash. Returned items to Plumbing and Tools and put up my vest. Clocked out at 10:25.

Outfit: Blue Vancouver Aquarium tee, cut off capris, gold danglies with clear thingy.

Off to Lafayette tomorrow, then NYC and Carnegie Hall!

No comments: