Monday, July 8, 2024

Life In Lumber: Y6, W19

 Day 79: Hot, 90s

Arrived at 4 to help friend Jackie get a wheelbarrow and weed-whacker, then D's aunt Jane get an appointment for a window consultation. Clocked in and took over for Alice, and was busy for 30 mins before doing the prelim duties. Did my LU and AP4Me. Was busy all the way up until 9, when HC Kay sent me to break, and when I returned, swept what I could, pulled trash, mucked the mats, and santized the coffee bar. Locked the doors at 10. ASM Ian brought in the concrete and took the hopper around.  I returned items to Aisle 10, then put up my vest. Had gotten a credit app earlier, so punched the tree and won a Scrub Mommy. Clocked out at 10:30.

Outfit:  Gray Purdue tee, long capris, dark blue studs


Day 80: Rain, 70s

Was asked to come in at 3, due to Alice not feeling well and leaving early. Was slow the 1st 2 hours; did prelim duties and LU. HC Kay sent me to lunch at 5. Came back and it was raining; had a modest amount of customers leaving. At 7, the storm hit; swept, watched the storm, watched Between 2 Brians. and sanitized the registers, counters, coffee bar, and snack machines. Pulled trash at 8:30; mucked the mats. Locked the doors at 10; Loader Con brought in the concrete. HC Austin cleaned me out; returned items to Fashion Bath, Aisle 30, Hardware, and ISLG.  Clocked out at 10:30.

Outfit:  Black AK hway tee, long capris, thick gold hoops.


Day 81: Hot, 86

Arrived early and bought my new pop up canopy with my $38 in MyLowesBucks, and $58 on the charge card:)  Took over for Alice, did the prelim duties and my LU, and was busy for an hour. Then swept, mucked the mats. HC Austin sent me to break at 8, and when I returned, pulled trash and sanitized the registers and coffee bar. Had CFH at 9:15....argued with me for 10 mins over the price of his lumber before he finally realized I was telling him he had the wrong item #!  Locked the doors at 10; Kait brought in the concrete; I took the trash to the hopper, then went outside and met Tasha at my car, to give her the old Playboy mags. Went back inside; clocked out at 10:35.

Outfit:   Gray LU tee, long capris, thick silver hoops

Off tomorrow, to take Mom to get her hair done:)


Day 82:  Sunny, high 80s

Arrived and took over for Alice, then did the prelim duties. Was busy until 7, then shuffled and fronted the soda, did my LU, and swept. HC Austin sent me to break at 8:20, just as S, A, and R walked in. Spent my break with them, and cleaned out the coffee carafe. They left; I pulled trash and finished sweeping. Sanitized the coffee bar. Locked the doors at 10, and Loader Con took the trash and brought in the concrete. Returned items to Plumbing, RTM, Paint, Hardware, and Storage after HC Austin cleaned me out.  Clocked out at 10:30.

Off tomorrow for Ram's 1st birthday party:)

Outfit:  Indian Motorcycle Vegas tee, long capris, thin gold hoops


Day 83:  Rare Sun Hot, 94

Arrived and met new cashier Deb. We were slow, so did my LU and helped a customer in Tools. At 4:30, HC Kay called and asked me to send Deb to self-checkout. Was still slow, so wrote until 6pm. and only had a handful of customers.  Did see Mel and Nan:)  At 6, HC Kay sent me to break. Afterward, did the prelim duties, and ASM SCH asked me to get some surveys. Ended up getting 5:)  Pulled trash, and at 7:30 went over and swept the two messiest parts...Aisle 19 and 20.  Just as I got it swept to behind my counter, the rush hit, lol....and didn't get it swept up until after we closed at 8. Loader Harlan brought in the concrete, then took my trash to the hopper. I closed the garage door and returned items to Tools, Paint, Hardware, Batteries, and ISLG. Clocked out at 8:35.

Outfit:  Black lace tee, faded cut off capris, silver crosses

No comments: