Saturday, June 1, 2024

Life In Lumber: Y6, W 14

 Day 56:  Rare Sat rainy, high 60s

Arrived and gave a brief description of my NYC trip! Was in a good mood all evening; did the prelim duties, rang up customers (they came in after the rain quit!), did my AP4Me and LU. Kate sent me to break at 7:10; returned items to Tools and Plumbing. Afterward, began sweeping, and didn't finish until 9. Pulled trash, and had new Loader trainee Harlan take back my returns and move some carts up front b/c he announced he was 'soooo bored'. Fronted soda and locked the doors at 10. ASM Charlie took my trash; I took a plant back to OSLG and an item back to ISLG, then put up my vest. Clocked out at 10:25.

Outfit: Fuzzy socks tee, faded jeggings, large hoops

Off tomorrow; concert day:)


Day 57: Sunny, high 80s

Arrived and gave everyone interested who wasn't there on Sat a brief description of my trip.  Was in a good mood again, and did the prelim duties, got a credit app, and made another customer happy by running his $1700 order through VSP, saving him 25%!  Did my AP4Me and LU whenever I had time, and didn't get the soda count finished until after 8pm. Izzy sent me to break at 8:40, and when I returned, realized I'd forgotten to empty the coffee.  New hire William came down to cover me so I could empty it (he'd also brought the soda AND put it away for me!!). Brought in the carts from the sidewalk and did a quick sweep, hitting the hightlights. Locked the doors at 10, took my trash outside to the hopper (Ian had pulled it around), and after HC Britt cleaned me out, closed the garage door and took the cardboard to the wire cage with the rest of it. Punched the tree and won a flashlight.....and clocked out at 10:20.

Outfit:  Ask Me About My Debut tee, cut off capris, silver hoops


Day 58: Sunny, mid-80s

Arrived and sent Alice to a pit stop.  Did the prelim duties, plus my LU and two training sessions (Heat procedures and cyber security), fronted the soda, swept the floor. Kim sent me to break at 8:30 and when I returned, pulled trash and began mucking out the mats. Sanitized the registers, coffee bar, and counters. Locked the doors at 10, and Loader Joey took my trash. After he brought in the concrete, and HC Kay cleaned me out, returned items to Gutters, Plumbing, and Electrical. Put up my vest, then returned items to Hardware and OSLG. Clocked out at 10:30.

Had a private chat with new guy, William, about my final customer.  They weren't happy with him telling them to go to Lumber.....but they also didn't tell me his 4 self-checkouts were full.  I told him I made them happy and sent them on their way.  End of discussion; I wanted to make sure I had the facts.

Outfit:  Mom tee, cut off capris, silver chains.


Day 59:  Cloudy, low 80s

Was called in at 3, due to Alice's FIL passing away.  Arrived and spent the next hour standing around, waiting for a customer to get his company check. At 4, was moderately busy. At 5, did the prelim duties and was sent to lunch....only nobody told Marilyn I got an hour, so I ended up taking only 40 mins. Then when I clocked out, I didn't realize the cap locks were on, so just noted the time.  At 6, used a different computer and was able to clock in.  Swept, sanitized the registers and coffee bar. Marilyn came down at 9 and gave me another 15 min break; pulled trash and did my LU. Locked the doors at 10, and Loader Charles took my trash down after bringing in the concrete. Returned some items to Plumbing and Batteries, then put up my vest after Acting HC Brea cleaned me out. Helped Theresa take cardboard back to receiving, and had to explain why my time clock didn't have me clocking back in after lunch.  Think I clocked out around 10:45.

Outfit:  Spare Parts tee, cut off capris, sea horses

Off tomorrow through Sunday; tomorrow, Mom has an appointment (Theresa's taking my shift), then Friday is the First Friday Art Walk (I'll be at VBC from 5-8 on the 1st floor), and Sat I head down to Metropolis for the day.  Sunday, I'm doing laundry.

No comments: