Monday, October 7, 2019

Life In Lumber: Week #28

Day 137:
Shift went well, in spite of my lousy day.  A)  I'd discovered our health insurance needed renewed; B) My SSI was being discontinued as of next March; however, W's would continue for 2 more years; and C) school called; W had kicked a kid in the shins, causing him to fall against the lockers and bang his arm, causing a skin break.  He's suspended from school, and has to report to the courthouse on Wed, for a face-to-face meeting with the judge, then perform community service as well as doing his school work.  Cost:  $15/day.

Was busy until 7, but did manage to do the soda count.  Cassie relieved me at ten after, then when I returned, did the closing duties.  HC Aggie came down around 8:50 and 'hung out' with me until close.  I took the trash down to the dumpster for Jordan to deal with, then went up front until Aggie said we could put up our vests.  We have two new trainees, Nate and Kasey.  After clocking out, I discovered D wasn't out there.  Texted both S and W....no answer.  Called W....no answer.  Called S....she checked, and found D asleep in his chair, so Aggie brought me home.

Outfit:  Gold tee, original jeggings, gold hoop earrings.

Here's hoping tomorrow goes just as smoothly!

Day 138:
Shift began with me buying D 4 pair of work gloves, and seeing Mgr Scott and Tasha, to let them know I'm still on the schedule for Fri.  Scott told T to fix it, so she sat down at the computer and I went to pay for the gloves and clock in.  T paged me as I was in the middle of paying, and when I tried to call back, it didn't work.  So being pressed for time, I clocked in, threw on my vest, and headed down to Lumber.  Paged for T to call me, but she didn't, so maybe I'll see her tomorrow???  Did the soda count, and was busy for the next hour.  Taylor came down to relieve me for break at 6:10, then when I returned, did the closing duties in addition to the steady flow of customers.

HC Aggie closed me down at 9:10, and I took the trash down, returned two items to plumbing, then headed to my locker.  D was on time, ha ha!

Outfit:  Maroon/gray plaid shirt, white Flamingo tee, original jeggings, silver hoop earrings.

Did manage to get health insurance, thanks to a call to our State Farm agent in Evansville.  She put me in touch with her agent, it was very painless:)

Here's hoping everything goes well tomorrow!

Day 139:
Today was good; took W to court and signed him into SHAPE, then picked him up at 2.  He returns tomorrow, then back to school.  Shift went well; got the soda count done; went on break at 6:30; received my 'Bingo' card for the Cashier Appreciation Game, and was able to get all closing duties accomplished, including mucking out under all mats and wiping down all counters and phones.  Tasha made me happy; she said Cassie was taking my shift on Friday.  Yay.....I can leave for Louisville around 10am!

Had one gentleman try to add money to his LAR, but couldn't find him under his phone # or his name.  Called HC MK, who told me to have him call the credit services.  I put a 'pick up later' note on his cart and pushed it behind the counter.  Half an hour later, he was back with another phone #, and I noticed his name was NOT hyphenated.  So I backed out and searched with his name w/o the hyphen...and.....it popped up!  So now we know how to look him up:)  He called his wife, who had the card, but she had gone home and didn't want to return until the next day.

Had another customer super speedy, and we joked about him having that issue ever since HS!

Outfit:  Yellow Florida tee, gray hooded sweatshirt, original jeggings, sapphire/diamond tiny hoop earrings.

Here's hoping things go the same tomorrow!

Day 140:
Was early to Lumber, and after I clocked in, things were steady for an hour.  Brenda had already done the soda count, so all I had to do was add to it.  Gathered up the tax exempts and loading tickets and got them ready....then HC Adrianna relieved me for break at 6:30.  After break, things were slow; was able to do all closing duties, including washing the windows.  The gentleman from Wed returned, but when we tried to load his LAR, the card kept getting rejected.  First it was with the Lowe's card (who knew you couldn't load an LAR with another Lowe's card?), then her American Express.  So they simply paid for it with the Lowe's card, then are going to come in again tomorrow and have Bob give them more of a discount.

Thanked AMg Scott for fixing my day off tomorrow!

Outfit:  Blue/white striped tee, everflex jeggings, silver hoop earrings.

I'm off to Louisville and the Imaginarium Convention tomorrow!  Also went to writers meeting and picked up my ten copies of Bad Decisions!

Have a great weekend!

No comments: