Friday, October 11, 2019

Flashback Friday: I Answer The Challenge

Oct 1999:
The new neighbors kids had proved too much for their babysitter, so I volunteered to take a shot at it, since our kids were all in the same grade, and Sara and Shelby were even in the same Kdgn class.  The two girls got along well, and Shelby loved our climbing tower and swing set.  Zach wasn't thrilled with the fact Kyle was a go-getter who did his homework the minute he arrived home, and I was thrilled with the additional funds in my pocket.  Their mom was a CNA who would sometimes work late, and I had no issues feeding the kids dinner.  For Halloween, all four kids ran around the neighborhood in costume:  Sh was Princess Atta from Bug's Life, Sa was Queen Amidala from Star Wars, and the boys were dressed as Scream characters. 

Next Month:  Thanksgiving:)

************
Present Day:
I am off to the Imaginarium Convention!  Whispers is up for Best Anthology in the Imaginn Awards tomorrow night, so fingers crossed we beat the other finalist!

I'm on 3 panels:  Saturday:  Working Religion Into Stories
                             Sunday:  Pushing Through and The Cross-Genre Author
Friend Brian Morris won't be there until Sunday, so hopefully we won't spend all the time chatting and ignoring the guests!

Have a great weekend!!

No comments: