Monday, October 28, 2019

Life In Lumber: Week 31

Day 148:
Woke up this morning to a text from Mel, asking if I could come in from 5-close?  So I did, and was sent to Lumber.  Was busy the first hour and a half, and wasn't even able to get the soda count done.  Cassie came down and did it, plus even filled it, then sent me to break.  Before she did, however, I had to call Aggie down 3 times for overrides:  A $2.50 discounted can of paint; a damaged door knocked down to $16, and a $40 cull pack for $10.

After I returned from break, I discovered I needed to change my PW, so did; then everything went downhill from then.  A veteran, for whatever reason, had his discount applied, but then it disappeared.

Another customer showed up with three carts full....then after he paid, I noticed the bucket of paint on the floor of the scooter.

Customer C tried to pay, but his boss hadn't loaded the card yet.  When others appeared in line, I saved his order, rang up the other two customers, then rang up C successfully.

I was sweeping up and moved a cart around when one of the guys from another dept decided to tell me to stay by the register.  So I did...which both pissed me off and stacked up carts in the area.

AMgr T and B told me to make sure I was scanning everything, due to the fact inventory had shown sooo many discrepancies.  We're only supposed to use the quantity section for items over 10.  Ummmm....I already DO that, unless there's a back up!  Yes, I've been guilty (today) of tabbing over for 4-7 of the same item....

After my final customer left, T cleaned out the register and told me to take my trash down.  After we clocked out, she asked if I could come in at 3 on Tues; apparently Tiffany's been calling in this week.  Gives me more hours:)  Whoot!

Here's hoping tomorrow isn't as crazy as today was?

Outfit:  Halloween shirt, faded flex jeggings, skeleton earrings, sides of hair pulled back in a clip.

Day 149:  All Over The Place!
Showed up at 2; Mel said, "Ummm....you're not supposed to be here."  Informed her of Tasha's request; Cindy told me to come up front at 3 and they'd let me know if they needed me.

Turned out they did, so I clocked in and worked Reg #11 for a few minutes, then was told to go to Lumber and let Kem go home until Tiff returned.  That took five mins, so went back up front.  Worked until nearly 4, then was told to go to LG and sent Taylor inside.  Was out there for 2 hours, and only had 10 customers.  Aggie called once and laughed when I told her I was in the Arctic, then called Cindy at 6 to request a bathroom break.  She came down at 6:15 and closed down LG, then told me to take my lunch.

Tried to thaw out, and at 6:45, went back to Reg 11, then at 7 took over Reg 9 and stayed there for the rest of the night.  Tasha took me into the office at 8:45 and we worked the calendar to give me a few more hours the rest of the month, then we closed up.

It had been a nice slow day, with no screw-ups!

Outfit:  Cabella's hooded sweatshirt, faded flex jeggings, skeleton earrings, hair in ponytail.

No clue if they'll call me the rest of the week, but I volunteered to work Sat 12:30-8 or close.  Hoping things go as well as they did today!

Day 150:
Went in at 12:30, and for an hour, was paid to stand around and talk to Sandy.  Had maybe ten customers between us.  Close to 2, Mel had me go swap places with Rashad in Lumber, who hugged me!  I spent the rest of the day down there, in 'my happy place', with Jill until 3.  Took my lunch break at 4:15 when Billy came down; met the hubby at McAllister's.  Was busy all the way until 8pm. but did manage to get all the closing duties accomplished....even though I didn't empty the trash until 8, after loading the soda cooler.

Wore the same outfit as Tuesday, minus the earrings.  Nice day with no screw-ups:)

No comments: