Monday, October 14, 2019

Life In Lumber: Week #29

Day 141: Cool Day...
Arrived; Brenda announced she'd finished the soda count (yay!).  I took over and was steady all the way up til 6:30.  Had to change my hearing aid batteries, plus discovered Loader Will had his vest and was on his own for the night.

Had to consult my notes in order to print a ticket for Chelsea's customer, but got it done.  Cassie relieved me at 7:50, and when I returned, began my closing duties.  Sent Will around with the returns, since he seemed at loose ends.  Put the soda away, took out the trash, and swept the entire front end of Lumber by 8pm.  Wiped down the counters at 8:45, and locked the doors at 9pm.  Had to chase down a roll of outside trash bags, but finally found them.

Outfit:  Blue/pink plaid shirt, original jeggings.

Here's hoping tomorrow goes as smoothly:)

Day 142: Rain Threat....
Arrived, and as I clocked in, a gentleman placed his items on the counter and told me to 'get off the internet, please, and ring me up.'

I kept a smile on my face as I finished clocking in, then logged onto the register.  "Sorry about that; my boss frowns on me doing my job off the clock."  I didn't know if he thought he was joking or not, but customer #2 asked me if I liked diet soda or regular.  I said regular, and he promptly handed me the Pepsi Zero!  Ummm, thank you....I spent the next hour trying to give it away, and finally found a woman to take it!  We had a good laugh a few minutes later when she returned for another item and I joked she wasn't getting another free soda!

Went on break at 6:30, and when I returned, had maybe 10 customers until close.  Did closing duties and asked Scott about my schedule next week, since I'm still off M-W.  He said I wasn't in trouble or anything, but to enjoy it.....I said I wasn't sure I'd know how to act with three days off!

We all clocked at out 9:15, since Scott had to be back at 5am.

Outfit:  Blue sporty tee, lighter flex jeggings, twisted silver 'bell' earrings, hair worn with sides pulled back.

Here's hoping tomorrow goes as smoothly!

Day 143:  Chilly Day!
Arrived early and clocked in before heading to Lumber, then was fairly steady for an hour.  Got backed up when a couple had three light fixtures marked down, so HC Cindy called Jill down to help out.  At 6, after everyone was taken care of, J told me to go to break; it was 'now or never', so I went.  When I returned, began the closing duties, and had no customers by 7:30.  Wiped down all the counters, including the top of the Monster soda cooler and the two shelves holding the large waters.  At 9:04. had two men walk in the garage door; I told them we were closing and to be quick.  At first they were....but at checkout, one asked if he could go back for 'just one thing'.....and HC Cindy had to page for someone to help him in Aisle 17 (plumbing)!  He finally arrived with 4 T-pipes, a box of steel somethings, and a roll of wire.

Jordan forgot my trash, so after Cindy cleaned out my register and I shut the door, I returned a wrench to Tools, took the trash to the compactor, dropped off an endplate in Cabinets, then went to my locker.

Here's hoping tomorrow goes nice and smooth!

Outfit:  Blue hooded Cabella's sweatshirt, lighter flex jeggings, gold hoop earrings.

Day 144:  
Arrived; did the soda count; was fairly steady until 6:30, when Rachel relieved me.  Did closing duties when I returned, and apparently was spared a rude customer, who wanted to know if they could refund several items, then rebuy them so they could take advantage of the special discount.  Ummm, no....apparently, this went over their heads and they got mad at both Will and Rachel.  Will thought the whole thing was hilarious; Rachel was indignant.

Managed to wash the windows, and we were all set to clock out at 9:15, but Brandon was dealing with someone at the CS desk, so we didn't get out of there until closer to 9:40.  I've been asked to come in at 3 tomorrow, but HC Cindy didn't get an answer, so I have to call in tomorrow to check.  Tomorrow's also Jordan's last day, so need to buy chocolate cupcakes for him.

Outfit:  Bless This Mess sweatshirt, light flex jeggings, gold hoop earrings.

Here's hoping tomorrow goes as well as the past four days!

Day 145:
Shift began slowly; I did the soda count and reminded everyone of the cupcakes I'd brought, to celebrate Jordan's final day.  Was slightly steady, then had a 'rush' from 6:15-6:45.  Rachel came down to help out, then loaded the soda cooler and left.  At 7, I needed a bathroom break, so called HC Cindy, who was annoyed I'd not taken my break yet.  Brenda came down to relieve me.  When I returned, I did some of the closing duties before getting extremely busy again. 

When the shift was over, I'd not swept or wiped anything down, but since I'd kept it fairly clean all week, it was okay.  Helped J load the final lumber into a guy's trailer, then hugged him and took off.

Outfit:  Colts Jersey, black long-sleeved tee, original jeggings, tiny dangly earrings, hair in a messy bun.

I'm off until next Thursday:)  Going to enjoy relaxing at home, getting some stuff done in both hoarder houses.

Came home to find out A had told the school Papa had hit her.  CPS came out and filed report.  S said the bruise they reported came from when she and W were roughhousing on MONDAY, so not sure if any further action will be taken.  A claims W 'bullies' her....but there's also 8 years between their ages.  Yes, W doesn't know his own strength, and has repeatedly been told to check his temper, but then A does tend to goad him into action.  It goes both ways; think sibling rivalry.

Anyway, I'm off to the Farmer's Market and Open Mic night tomorrow!  Plan to spend Sunday watching Survivor and This Is Us.  Maybe even Bull.  Depends on the weather, and if we can work outside.

No comments: