Monday, February 9, 2009

Wonder of Wonders, Miracles of Miracles!

Currently Reading: Captive Heart by Kelly Kirch. I'm up to chapter 7:)


We're getting a refund, after all! PTL!

That six months of unemployment hurt, but not as bad as we thought it would. So this means:
-New couch
-New website/domain name
-Promo items
-$$ for at least two conferences
-Trip to favorite butcher
-$$ in savings
-Trip up north to clean out the storage and move it down here.

Miles to Go Before I Sleep...er, Sign
And the freaking laws keep changing! Back in 2004, when I first started keeping track of the mileage, the tax preparer only wanted to know the total miles. Wonderful; I didn't have to keep track of the damn mileage; just keep track how many miles it took me to get from point A to point B and back again. I did this in '05, '06, and '07.

But yesterday, I walk in, and realize I've left my mileage 'cheat sheet' (the little book where I'd kept track of that info) at home. And so I quickly jotted down a rough estimate of the miles while the preparer was entering the W2 info. And then he got to me.

"What was your beginning mileage?"

"Ummmm...." I take the calculater, add up my estimated miles driven, and go outside to check the odometer. I then subtract the EMD, but he's still not happy. No problem; our house is only 3 blocks away, and I know exactly where that little book is. I take the keys and make a quick trip home.

While I'm at home, I also happen to snag my notebook where I've haphazardly written down beginning/ending mileage! Which turns out to be a good thing...

I arrive back; my book only has the total miles! BUT, the notebook has the odometer reading from trip #3 to Purdue! Fantastic...all I do is subtract the mileage from the VU signing (2 miles) and my first trip to Evansville (120 round trip), and offer that reading to the preparer. He's satisfied!

Am I the only one with this problem?

OMG!
The spouse just announced he's taking me to Denny's for breakfast! I'll be back in an hour, so check back! And in the meantime, amuse yourself with either the pictures from yesterday or the blogs to the right!

And I've been instructed to keep better mileage records this year...

Thoughts and prayers to Australians in the aftermath of the fire storms.

3 comments:

Brynn Paulin said...

Congrats!!! I'm hoping for the same.

Molly Daniels said...

Thanks Brynn:)

Phoenix said...

Hey sweetie, missed your blog yesterday but hope you enjoy the book. :) It was the center of viscious turmoil in my family circle but I got it out there anyway.